Saturday, February 25, 2012

The Food-Brain Connection

I have lots more to learn on this subject, but I am becoming more and more convinced that much of the health problems our nation faces, including mental & behavioral health, stem from problems with our food. 

There is much that could be said on this subject, but for now, I just want to share this link to one family's success story of essentially "curing" autism in their son simply by changing their diet and food sources.  Check it out here.

The other day, I went to Medical Wellness Associates in Jeannette, PA.  The doctor I met with (Dr. Noah Erickson) had a brain full of information - I sort of wished I had a tape recorder!  (Er, do people still use those?  I guess they are digital now...)  One of the most remarkable things he shared with me was how he was able to treat a child's autism with diet and supplements, and now that child does everything the medical doctors said he wouldn't.  Can you imagine how awesome those parents must feel, to have their son back?!

I hope to share more about that appointment in the coming weeks, but don't just take it from me.  What we eat has life-changing effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment